allstar45 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Picture insert problem

This problem has many issues :s

I have a table (tableEmployees), and it has three fields EmpID, name and picture, which is a hyperlink with the location of a picture.
    I have a report with a query that shows all employees, I have a "name" header, which contains the "details" part within it. for each employee i simply wish to show their picture. It will then be exported to word.

My issues are:
    I can't simply save pictures in the database as OLE Objects or text. (they must be links)
    The pictures are in mostly .JPG format

If there is no picture filled in the field I would like it to simply not show anything in that space.

SO how do I go about this?

P.S.
    I've gotten it to display the link to each photo in the report just fine.

Thanks for any suggestions

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using the image control? Are BackStyle and BorderStyle properties set to transparent?

Just dealt with another post about exporting to Word. Images and other graphic controls (lines, boxes) did not export with the document. Suggested saving as pdf.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

allstar45 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I set backstyle and boarderStyle to transparent, the difficulty comes from getting the link to display the image that the link is linking.
    However this doesn't matter if I can not export images to word. Word is required for further modifcation and it will be easier to simply put in the pictures then it would be to convert from PDF to word and have to worry about converting errors.

Thanks for the help and suggestion!~
    I'm going to mark this solved since there isn't anything further I wish to do. (This was just another feature and is not in any way essential)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Dynamic display of images in Access 2003 required VBA code. Review http://support.microsoft.com/default...%2Dus%3B285820
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.