Carpy01 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Office (Access 2003) will not run under windows premier64 bit system

I have customer's computers that will not run Access 2003. All are 64 bit systems, Window 7 Premier.
    Google search has shown people that have been able to run 2003 access and those who can not.

What I have tried.
    Installed with all back ground services turned off. No virus protection. = access still will not work correctly.
    Tried to install in safe mode. = Which can't be done.
    Have borrowed another Office disk thinking mine was corrupted. = same problem.
    Have written simple program. = None of the wizards will work was the problem here.
    Have gone to references in VB editor to insure none are missing.
    Have check on google as to which references are suppose to be present, insure i have them checked.
    Have renamed the wizards and both repaired and re-installed = wizards still do not work.
    Have loaded Northwind program = wizard do not work.

On one of the customer's access databases which I wrote a years ago, when I tried to run I got a runtime error 48 - dll library could not be loaded.
    Google search gave many solution steps that were suppose to correct this situation. However none have worked to date.

Further! I have updated to all MS updates. I have installed both Office 2003 SP3 and the hot fix that followed it that was to correct the bug it produces in the update.

I have registered all the the dll's in the (x86) folder and all the other files other users have instructed me could be related to the problem.

I have an old desktop that I updated to Win 7 Pro and Office 2003 Pro, it is a Pent 4 system with as MUCH MEMORY AS ITS OLD MOTHERBOARD CAN HANDLE. This unit is my work computer and my baseline for this problem study. I wrote the original database on this machine. I have compared all the files that I know are related to access from on e computer to the other. In the machine with 64 bit, the folder has (x86) added.

I have joined two other forums and presented this problem. To date I haven't found or received a solution yet

My solution so far was to remove Office 2003 Pro from a computer and install Office 2007 Pro. Access works fine and run old databases OK!

I would appreciate any help or suggestions to solve this problem. Office 2007 works great on the 64 bit computer its just I don't like to use Access 2007 because of the ribbons and the finding of all the functions.

Thanks for the help before hand.

Hi Carpy01

If you do not use menus, you can disable the ribbons with a single command.

docmd.ShowToolbar "ribbon", acToolbarNo

Personalization of ribbons is not difficult. It has some great sites that greatly facilitate learning.

http://www.accessribbon.de/en/

http://www.ribbon01.com

Good study!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.