MFS is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Showing Graph of Prior Days Downtime

Hello all, Somewhat new to Access so please bare with me.

I am trying to show a Graph on my main form of all of my production lines with the total hours of downtime from the day before. However I have two issues . . .
    # 1 I do not know how to add the amount of total downtime per each production line in my table. I have four production lines with all downtime calls being entered into the same table. I have a downtime start and a downtime stop column in my table. And multiple entries could be entered into the table numerous times a day. How do I add the total hours of downtime in my table, per production line, for my graph?
    # 2 How do I then generate a graph on my main form? And how will it only know to show the prior days downtime?

Hope someone can help,

Mike

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    For starters, need to calculated the difference between the start and down time columns use DateDiff function. Then calculate summary of this difference with grouping on the production line.

None of this calcuated info goes in table. Use queries to do the calcs and query as the RowSource for the Graph.

What do you mean by 'from the day before'? Today is 3/26/2012. You just want to include data from 3/25/2012 and nothing prior to that? Apply filter criteria in query.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    For starters, need to calculated the difference between the start and down time columns use DateDiff function. Then calculate summary of this difference with grouping on the production line.

None of this calcuated info goes in table. Use queries to do the calcs and query as the RowSource for the Graph.

What do you mean by 'from the day before'? Today is 3/26/2012. You just want to include data from 3/25/2012 and nothing prior to that? Apply filter criteria in query.

Great, I think I've got the whole calculation thing working.
    The info that I want to see on my main form is always the day befores downtime performance. Today is March 27th, when I open my main form I would like to see a graph from March 26th, Tomorrow is the 28th so I would like to see performance from the 27th.
    Thank You for your help June7

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This is resolved?

The date values have a time component? Need to have a date only value to apply criteria to. In query, extract date part with DateValue(datetime field name). Then filter criteria under this constructed field could be: Date() - 1

The default unit is day so that will subtract one day from the date and return only the previous day records.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Works wonderfully, Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    This is resolved?

The date values have a time component? Need to have a date only value to apply criteria to. In query, extract date part with DateValue(datetime field name). Then filter criteria under this constructed field could be: Date() - 1

The default unit is day so that will subtract one day from the date and return only the previous day records.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.