magootrp4 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Calculation

Hi ,

I am using a template "transactions" database and I am trying to modify it to my needs. All the calculations currently work correctly, however I am using the main form as a "see all" screen for all my accounts. The form now only has the total balance which is based of the expression Nz([Total Deposits])-Nz([Total Withdrawals] and then gathers the information from the following expressions: =[Forms]![Transactions]![Transactions Subform].[Form]![Total Withdrawals] and =Forms!Transactions![Transactions Subform].Form![Total Deposits]. As I stated this all works.

Now I want to be able to take information from this same table/form and total out the withdrawals and deposits for a particular account. Example...I want to be able to see the balance of my kids savings account at a glance. Eventually this will be done for the rest of the accounts as well. How can I associate a particular ID and make this work? I am using a sub-form now, but that doesn't look as "clean" as the other balance. I am a newbie, so I apologize in advance if I state something incorrect.

Thanks

Magoo

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    How about a Totals query; use a list box to display the account, deposits, withdrawals???

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.