Chedmeister is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Unhappy Suddenly database buttons don't function.

Hi there! Have a new customer with an Access/VBA database so I think I may be posting here a lot from now on!

He phoned today to say the DB had just stopped working. I remoted in and the thing opens ok but none of the many buttons on the switchboard work.

This DB has many linked tables and is accessed by three machines over a workgroup. One user seems to be able to work (???) the DB as normal but the other two machines have the issue.

I pulled the DB and its tables through the remote connection onto my machine and I have the same problem too.

All machines involved have 2010 SP1 and a mix of Win 7 and vista. I have disabled the macro security.

Has anyone got any ideas?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are they also a mix of 64 bit and 32 bit? I have read about some issues with Win 7 and let's not even get started on Vista! Have you Googled the issue?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

As always but what to search for? "Access buttons do not work" is all I really know about the problem because I'm not well acquainted with Access.
    There is definitely a mix of 32x and 64x machines in this workgroup. They have been using the setup for a couple of weeks and now this has just happened.

There is a work around though. Because all the data is in the linked tables I can dig out a backed up copy of the 'hub' database and replace that for the old one. That might work but it would be nice to know what caused the problem.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I hope that does work because I haven't got any more insight.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Never mind! Not sure what had happened to the old DB but we just replaced it with an old version. Thankyou anyways!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.