perihelia is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Closing a Form Based on Table Data

Hello,

I have a database that requires some initial setup by users on its first run, and I want the database to skip these forms once it has been set up. I have two forms, the first of which stores administrator account info in a user accounts table, and the second of which stores info about the organization in a special setup table (one record only.) The problem is that I don't want Access to display these forms every time I run the database. Intead, Access should load them only on the first run, and then proceed to the main navigation form. Any ideas on how I could implement this?

Thanks in advance!

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are you talking about the first time a 'User' opens the Database?
    Or are you talking about the first time YOU open the database?
    Either way - I think one way is to create a record in a new table the first time the Database is opened.
    Thereafter - if there is a row in that table - don't open those two forms - just open the Mai Navigatin form.
    Will that work for you?

perihelia is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeen View Post
    Are you talking about the first time a 'User' opens the Database?
    Yes, I meant end-users. (I should have written my post better.) When an end-user opens the database (which I plan to package as a stand-alone application,) the main navigation form normally appears, which displays who is logged in (hence the need for administrator account info) and the organization/company name. I also designed all of the database's tables to include information on when records were last created, edited, and accessed, as well as the user(s) who performed those operations, just as a nifty icing on the cake. That's the only reason that I wanted those two setup forms. If necessary, I'll probably program in a deafult administrator account and company name so that the two forms aren't needed.

Thanks anyways!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.