djclntn is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

UI Builder for Microsoft Access...?

I was going to keep it to myself about trying out this program at http://www.opengatesw.net/ because I figured most folks here might have negative opinions until I saw an advertisement for this site right here on this site. If fact, I even purchased the Started Edition for $99 & when I migrated one of my databases into the UI Builder I was completely lost – nothing made any sense. Out of frustration I immediately requested for a refund which I was granted, however something in the back of my mind is asking myself maybe I was too hastily, didn’t give it enough time & reached out to the support forums.

I suspect those who are veteran database creators might see this program just as a money-maker, which could be true. I welcome & would appreciate anyone’s opinion.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Certainly they are trying to make money but also appears to be a sincere effort to provide a development tool. However, in spite of their claim 'no VBA knowledge required', their own tutorials eventually guide you in creating VBA procedures.

Personally, I don't use Access's built-in design wizards, why would I use someone else's wizards instead? I really don't want another 'layer' between me and my design. Just means have to learn another product.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi June,

Like my mother always says, “There’s no free lunch in this world.” Besides being a rock head in not understanding relating Tables (I thought it would have been a tool to help me learn) sometimes when I download other databases I see ALL of these REALLY cool Forms which I wanted to learn about, but…oh well.

Check this out, since I’ve downloaded the UI Builder once, now (for some God-known reason) in EVERY Single one of my many databases on my computer I have the following 5-Tables which are dull (in color):
    MySysAccessXML
    MSysACEs
    MSysComplexColumns
    MSysObjects
    MSysQueries
    MSysRelationships
    They’re in ALL of my databases & I have no idea where they came from. I can’t delete them because I get some kind of warning saying that I don’t have permission or something. I’m not hiding them from the Navigation Pane. Like I said, I don’t know what I did or what happened, but I’m not dealing with it besides just hiding them. If there one thing “I” personally learn about Access, when you try to gain one thing something bad (or something else changes not in your favor).

BTW, you may have seen yesterday I posted anther Combo Box thread on the Forms Forum. With my dealership database on the Customers Table I added, ‘Salutation’ & in the Customer Form I wanted it to be a Combo Box, but it will not work for me no matter how many different things I tried. I had a little help here from Bob Fitz…? But I think we got lost somewhere. I didn’t want to bother you, but since you’re sort of familiar with the database maybe you can take a peak if you feel like it.

You know, I said it before & I really mean it; I give ALL of you guys so much credit for helping others on this forum & I truly believe that lot of you are sincere. Like, I think that orange would like for me to understand relational tables for MY sake, & if I can be funny here for just a moment I’m wondering if Orange is thinking, “You Idiot” in regards with me getting involve with that UI Builder. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE people, I’m NOT being serious & if some people find me out of line I truly apologize to those. Maybe I’m wrong for being personally even if I’m trying to be funny.

June7 is online now VIP
    All databases will have the Sys tables, they are usually hidden, and are essential to Access operations. Hiding is a setting of the Navigation pane for the app, not project specific.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Why aren't they hidden in my databases?

Nevermind, I figured out how to hide them

June,

Any help with the 'Salutaton'Combo Box?

June7 is online now VIP
    I see Bob Fitz has made appropriate suggestion in that thread. If it still doesn't work, post your project there and will look at.

Getat it tomorrow...thanx

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.