diddl is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Smile VBA Form to show table, edit data in just two columns and drill into one line

Hi,

I am not an experienced Access 2003 (and 2007) VBA programmer and I have to solve the following issue:

Show a table in a form, out of 10 columns two should be highlighted and these two should allow changes to the data (therefore the highlight). If I change data, I would like to see the sum of that column in a different box in that form, immediately. The first column is the key (cannot be change). If I click one row, I would like to go to a new form that shows additional detail of the key.

My question is, is that theoretical possible in Access 2003 or 2007 and if so, can you give me a brief explanation which box types, commands or so I have to use.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Diddl

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    All is possible. Build form with a RecordSource of the table. Bind controls (textbox, combobox, listbox) to fields of the RecordSource. Set properties of controls (background color, enabled, tab stop). Code (macro or VBA) in Click or DoubleClick event of form to open another form.

Review this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010341717.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

diddl is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Smile

June7,

Thank you very much for the prompt answer. I was thinking in a similar direction. I will start working on it using your tips and I will come back if I stumble on some road blocks due to my limited knowledge.

Thank you again!

Diddl

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.