nukeworker24 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

New Member needing simple help....

Hey all,

I am a new member to the forum and very new to Access as well. I know a few simple techniques and have had a no actual programming/training with Access just on the job training.
    I am currently working as a nuclear contractor with engineers to develop more optimized maintenance techniques for nuclear plants.

I have been using access for several things and figured after reading some of the very impressive threads on here, that I would be stupid not to join and get the benefits of group knowledge and skill.

I am currently making a split form with a query providing the data for the form. I am wanting to make two simple combo boxes that are NOT synced, but that will both be able to filter the data table and display ONLY the results of either or both combo box selections or manual inputs. Is this possible? If so, what is the best way to do it? Macro? Codebuilder?

I have already created the form and the unbound combo boxes with embedded macros simply for drop down selection of data but am totally lost as to what to do for filtering.
    Last edited by nukeworker24; 02-07-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Question added

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Review tutorials here http://datapigtechnologies.com/AccessMain.htm especially Build a Custom Filter in Your Form in the Access Forms: Tips & Techniques section.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Review tutorials here http://datapigtechnologies.com/AccessMain.htm especially Build a Custom Filter in Your Form in the Access Forms: Tips & Techniques section.
    I will try this today. I read most of the tutorials yesterday after searching the forum (I know it drives veterans nuts when newbies don't search) and I still didn't get what I was looking for; this looks more like what I need. I will post if resolved.

Thanks!!

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks to the help from this forum and June7 I now have a split form with two functioning combo boxes. The combo boxes are simply linked to the data set and display the selected records in the form.

I am now looking to create a macro that will allow me to dbl click on the combo box item and have the data set at the bottom of the split form display ONLY the record that I doubled clicked on in the combo box...

Is this possible?? If so, how would the code look?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    That's what the tutorial I referenced should accomplish. I don't use macros, only VBA. The tutorial uses VBA. I have never used Double Click with a combobox, just AfterUpdate.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.