FTAUSS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Odd problem with startup form

I am supporting an app that was previously worked on by a lot of showoffs that wanted to prove how smart they were by writing ridiculously complicated code. Possibly they were also looking for job security.

I have already hacked out and rewritten large chunks as well as writing new code for new requirements plus put much of the redundant code into a library.

One of the perplexing things he/they did is somehow twisted the startup. There is a main form called of course Main. It has 3 pages on it (and I'm an currently unfamiliar with the pages colelction). I can't even see how to 2 of them are attached to the main form, I know they are there because of the code and they won't open (in Design View) if Main is open.

Anyway Startup options say Main is the form to display and there is an autoexec macro that does an openform main. However vfeedback seems to open first. I put a Stop in the Open and Load of Main and vFeedback and vFeedback.open runs first! Well the first Stop is there. then vFeedback.Load then Main.open and main.load.

This matters because I'm passing a parameter to it for info on where the data is stored an and while I put it in vFeedback and it works it disturbs my sense of balance.

How would you mung it to do something like this? It occured to me that it could have something to do with the pages but Main still loads first, so you'd think it would run it's Open and Load first. And to boot I can't tell where vFeedback is being opened, loaded, invoked.

Very frustrating!

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You might try putting some debug.print statements in the On Load and/or On Open events of the Forms. That would show you the order in which things are happening.

There may be other events that you could use to show additional info.

FTAUSS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    You might try putting some debug.print statements in the On Load and/or On Open events of the Forms. That would show you the order in which things are happening.

There may be other events that you could use to show additional info.
    I put stop statements in vfeedback.open, vfeedback.load, Main.open and main.load. And that is the order in which it stops. I even did a step through from the first to last. Nada. Whatever is happening is happening before vfeedback and main isn't happening until after vfeedback.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.