gene_yuss is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Need help with module usage regarding concatenation.

I have two forms, one will successfully allow the end user to investigate Orders already put on an Invoice. Done! Works GREAT.

The form that is supposed to help them build invoices is where I am having issue: I would like to build a query that has the all shipped and unbilled orders on the subform and filtered for the customer number either through a parameter or from the parent form.

I then need to create a button that will add the InvID from the Parent to all the Orders InvID to another field in the current query.

And concatenate all the order# from the query to Invoice Notes field.

I have attached a copy of what I have, I really appreciate any help you guys are willing to give.

Treat me like a child if you would. I am trying hard and work well with editing, examples, links, (wouldn't complain if someone just did it, and then I could see how it worked).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gene_yuss; 04-04-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: edited because it was not worded well.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I deleted your other two threads on the same topic. Please don't post the same question twice. People will see it in whatever forum you put it in.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I should have known better anyway... thanks.

This thing is killing me.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'm having trouble following what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe you can give us the specific form, and use examples from the sample db of what you want to happen. Or maybe I'm just having brain cramps and I need to wait for this Dr Pepper to kick in.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

pbaldy, thanks for looking at this.

On the Form "NEW Orders/Invoice Creation" I want the form to create a new Invoice on load, and on the subform only show the orders that are marked on the Table "ShipPrice", field "Shipped" = yes and field "Billed" = no, and I would also like to filter the results with a parameter (customer number). The problem that I am having with my existing Query is that "qry Orders "Not Billed" for with all orders fields" isn't returning the expected results and I think it has something to do with the way the relationships in the query are setup.

That is step one... Let me know if I can clarify or just start over. I have been up for too many days, and am a little punched drunk from reading about SQL and Access Functions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.