tylerg11 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Grouping controls?

If I want a certain group of controls to display based on certain criteria, is there any way to group controls into an overall group so I don't have to set criteria on multiple controls?

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Would a Sub Form work for you?
    You could load your controls onto the sub form and have it either visible or not depending on your criteria.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robeen View Post
    Would a Sub Form work for you?
    You could load your controls onto the sub form and have it either visible or not depending on your criteria.
    ?
    That might work. And it would just be unbound?

Robeen is offline VIP
    I'm not sure what you need to do with the controls that you want to hide and show - so I can't say whether they need to be bound or not.

I seem to remember there being another control [looked like a rectangular box] onto which you could load text boxes, combo boxes etc - any controls] and then you could refer to everything on the container control as a group - but I don't know if that was in Access or one of the other languages/environments I have worked in.

I remember one other thing I did on a project several years ago was to have a function that either displayed or hid a certain group of controls.
    Yes - you have to code for each control when you write the function - but then after that, all you do is call the function and it will hide everything if the current Visible property [or a boolean 'Flag' if you have one set up] is True - or show everything if it is False.
    Basically - the function flips the Visible Property of all the controls that you need to hide or show.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Robeen View Post
    I'm not sure what you need to do with the controls that you want to hide and show - so I can't say whether they need to be bound or not.

I seem to remember there being another control [looked like a rectangular box] onto which you could load text boxes, combo boxes etc - any controls] and then you could refer to everything on the container control as a group - but I don't know if that was in Access or one of the other languages/environments I have worked in.

I remember one other thing I did on a project several years ago was to have a function that either displayed or hid a certain group of controls.
    Yes - you have to code for each control when you write the function - but then after that, all you do is call the function and it will hide everything if the current Visible property [or a boolean 'Flag' if you have one set up] is True - or show everything if it is False.
    Basically - the function flips the Visible Property of all the controls that you need to hide or show.

Hope this helps.
    Interesting...Thanks.

Robeen is offline VIP
    You're welcome.

Let us know if you need more help!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.