bikerguy06 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Need Help with a very simple query

First off, I'm a pretty big noob at this access, especially vba. After spending the last 2 days on google, i'm hoping someone on here can help.

I recently got the assignment at work to create a database, which will be used by 10-15 employees in different countrys to input and update information about certain projects.
    So far I have:
    A table with 8 columns that hold the needed information
    A form with 8 text fields to input data into the table
    Another form with 8 text fieldsto search data in the table

A query to filter the information requested on the search form
    A report

My problem: When I enter info in the search form and hit the search button, it opens up a select query, however with no results.
    For one of the criteria in the query, I have forms!searchform!account name I got the info off of a tutorial video, but somehow this isn't working for me.

Also, this isn't necessary, but can I get the search results to pop up in a report instead of a table?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Here is my query

SELECT [current table].[Account Name], [current table].[Account Manager], [current table].[Problem Description], [current table].[Kunde/Werk], [current table].[product group], [current table].[Product Manager], [current table].[Date Received], [current table].[Item Number]
    FROM [current table]
    WHERE ((([current table].[Account Name])=[forms]![searchform]![accountname] & "*") AND (([current table].[Account Manager])=[forms]![searchform]![accountname] & "*") AND (([current table].[Problem Description])=[forms]![searchform]![problemdescription] & "*") AND (([current table].[Kunde/Werk])=[forms]![searchform]![werk] & "*") AND (([current table].[product group])=[forms]![searchform]![productgroup] & "*") AND (([current table].[Product Manager])=[forms]![searchform]![productmanager] & "*") AND (([current table].[Date Received])=[forms]![searchform]![datereceived] & "*") AND (([current table].[Item Number])=[forms]![searchform]![itemnumber] & "*"))
    ORDER BY [current table].[Account Name];

I will try to attach the entire database as soon as i figure out how!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Also, when i simply try to open the query, a prompt box comes up and says "Enter Parameter Value", beneath that it will say something like "Forms!searchform!accountname"

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Your query wants that form to be open. Have you searched around on the internet or looked at the templates that come with Access are that Microsoft has OnLine for something that is close to what you want. What you are describing is a rather full plate.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.