dotNet is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

access automatically positioning textbox at top of screen

I have a very long memo field that extends past the bottom of the screen. When editing the end of the memo field, access automatically positions the form so the top of the textbox is at the top of the screen, moving the area i am working with off of the screen.

Is there a property i am missing somewhere to stop this, or can i do it with vba?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Not understanding what you describe. If the form is moved up, isn't the field more available? Do you want to provide project for analysis?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

dotNet is offline Novice
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear there.

My text box height is taller than the viewable area on my screen (cannot see entire text box without scrolling the form up or down). When i scroll the form down so i can see the bottom of the textbox (the top is now out of sight) and place the cursor at the end of the existing text in the textbox and start to type, the form positions itself so the top of the textbox is visible, and the bottom (where i am working) is out of sight.

I still don't know if this makes any sense, if not i will attach some images.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Does your textbox need to be so big? Can you not make it fit on the screen so that there is only one set of scrollbars (in the textbox)?

dotNet is offline Novice
    Yes, making the textbox smaller will work, why didn't I think of that. Thanks so much aytee111!

However, I am still curious if there is a way to stop access from positioning the form like this.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I doubt that behavior is controllable other than by resizing the control as suggested. Doesn't matter how big you make the box, someone will enter more than you sized it for if datatype is Memo. That's why textboxes have vertical scroll bar.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.