Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    fabiobarreto10 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

How do I see only fields that are filled?

I have a form withI have a form with three combos, filtering one another. By using them, show the data in the detail section of the form. How do I see only fields that are filled?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why need this? Is the form in Continuous or Datasheet view?

Would require VBA code to set control Visible property to False.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007

Hello June7.

Thank you for answering. My name is Fabio, I'm Brazilian, do not speak English, I'm using google translator.
    I'm sending a file, so that you understand better, but my access 2007 is in Portuguese but English modiquei fields for you to understand better. You'll notice that when making the filters, a filter to the other show details. What I'm not getting is the following:

You may notice that there are three steps (prior contact, basic registration, scheduling). I wanted to make the filter shows only the fields that are filled (as filter) also wanted for example:

we assume that all fields are filled in the previous contact and scheduling, and registration does not show the basic step, like the steps (fields) of the schedule to stay in the position of the basic registration. the registration would be hidden and basic fields of scheduling, this case would rise to the position of the basic fields in registration form. That as each filter.

Forgive me for English.

Once again thank you.

Fabio.

June7 is online now VIP
    What is purpose of fProduct form - to add a new product and also update data about existing products?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007

If you can do it all in the same form, it would be great

June7 is online now VIP
    This form can be used to add new product record or to edit existing but not to add/edit company or analyst tables. That would be a more complex setup.

Not really understanding what you mean by 'see only fields that are filled'. You don't want to see date fields that do not have date value? If they don't display how can they be edited?

See if the attached revision of your project offers what you are looking for.

EDIT: Purpose served, file removed.

Windows XP Access 2007

Exactly, sorry, I spoke poorly. As you said do not want to see the date fields that has no date! My idea (maybe a bit complex) was as follows: See the file in Excel, and navigating the companies and products (it's in Portuguese), note that the steps go up!

see models in excel

June7 is online now VIP
    Hiding a field in a form that displays records in Continuous or Datasheet view as shown in the Excel Proposta file would not be practical because some records have value and some do not. Each Passo has several date fields. Some have value and some do not for each Passo. A Passo could only be hidden if all dates are empty.

Also, I do not see the 'steps' in the Access database.

I fail to fully understand what you want to do.

Windows XP Access 2007

I'm sending a file from my bank officer.

The idea is: to make the filter is shown only the steps completed. If only one date of a particular step is completed, no problem, shows the step with the date completed and the other two dates is empty.
    Completion (if viewing) of the steps is not rigid, you can jump between them. And the steps that were skipped, are hidden, and the steps occupy the position of hidden steps. For example, suppose that 15 steps (1-15), is filled only steps 1, 2, 5 ... 15 (minus 3 and 4). the steps 3 and 4 are hidden. Only in this case would be a "hole", "empty space" between steps 2 and 5 (just the space occupied by steps 3 and 4) instead of the other steps (in the case of 5 to 15) "soar" to the position of steps 3 and 4.

June7 is online now VIP
    I understand data structure now. Yes, could use VBA code to hide textboxes but what is the benefit? Where the hidden boxes sit would be blank space. A very messy looking form. If the data were more normalized, could control display of a Passo by query filtering. Normalizing would require a junction table. Like:

tblPassoStatus
    Passo (Contato Previo, Cadastro Basico, FAS Pre, etc.)
    CodProduto (foreign key)
    DateProgram
    DateReprogram
    DateRealized

tblProduto
    CodProduto (primary key)
    CodEmpresa (foreign key)
    Observacoes do Atendimento
    Observacoes da Qulidade

Now a query could filter out the PassoStatus records that do not have any date values. In fact, do not even create a record in PassoStatus if Passo will not have date data entered.

Windows XP Access 2007

Thanks for responding. I'm sending another file (like a bunch of data I'm trying to implement) In this case it just shows the subform, that are filled (navigate between records to take a look). Is not equal to what I am trying to do, but the idea is the same.
    Instead of the subform (as in the file), I want to hide the fields!
    Now the query filter Could Out The records PassoStatus That's not have any date values. In fact, from not even create the record if in Step PassoStatus date will not have the date entered.

June7 is online now VIP
    That second project does not help me add anything to comments already offered. If you stay with the present data structure of the Banco project and still want to hide fields, will need a lot of code. In the form OnCurrent event something like:
    Code:
    With Me
        .Cpdtprogramada.Visible = True
        .Cpdtreprogramada.Visible = True
        .Cpdtrealizada.Visible = True
        .Rótulo175.Visible = True
        If IsNull(.Cpdtprogramada) And IsNull(.Cpdtreprogramada) And IsNull(.Cpdtrealizada) Then
            .Cpdtprogramada.Visible = False
            .Cpdtreprogramada.Visible = False
            .Cpdtrealizada.Visible = False
            .Rótulo175.Visible = False
        End If
    End With
    The code will have to be replicated for each Passo. Is this what you are looking for?

Windows XP Access 2007

Thank you June. I'll see how to proceed with the code you sent me. This code is as each filter?

June7 is online now VIP
    Code does not filter anything. It sets properties of controls based on conditional criteria.

Windows XP Access 2007

I think bad espresso. I'll try to explain.
    How do I run this code in accordance with each filter. For example,. Cpdtprogramada may have data related to a filter. But it can also have no data concerning the other filter. If I run this code will know when the access is related to a particular filter?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.