bsc is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Exclamation Microsoft Critical Security Update Broke ACCESS

Our pc's updated Win 7 with Critical Security Updates last night and now databases are broke.

Specifically, the Linked Table manager Wizard will not run.

To recreate the problem, create a new database, make a simple table, Create another empty database and link to the table in the first DB.
    Then try to use the Linked Table manager. It throws several errors of interest.

Any help is appreciated as our intire quality system database is down.
    Thank you
    bc

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I'm trying to get some assistance in trying to replicate the problem and then get it escalated to MS.

Can you post the exact error messages? I know it can be a pain trying to do so, but it is also going to be necessary for anyone who is trying to look at this problem.

bsc is offline Novice

Exclamation

The error is as follow. This error occurs both when trying to access the Linked Table Manager in the ACCDB or if I make an ACCDE and rename as ACCDR the the end user gets the same message.

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all code from the modules, forms and reports. You should back up your database before attempting to open the database and delete the VBA project....."

If I am in the source database front end and I have received the error as a result of accessing the linked table manager, the next error occurs.

"The wizard you've requested is not installed or is in a bad state. Please install or reinstall the wizard......"

The database will then open but linked data cannot be accessed.

We have tried to relink to the data files, make a new DB and import everything fresh, compact and repair, recompile and make new ACCMDE's, and so on with no success.

Windows 7, Access 2010 64 bit.

Hope this gets it rolling. Let me know if I can do anything to help further....and THANK YOU!

Bryan

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That appears to be a known problem with SP1 which changed the registry keys for ActiveX Data Objects. You would need to make sure that ALL computers have the Windows 7 SP1 and Office 2010 SP1 and then you should be able to compile it again and run on their machines.

bsc is offline Novice
    Putting BOTH service packs on seems to have done the trick. IT will push the updates to the users computers on Monday and we will see if the users environment works. Much thanks Bob.

bsc is offline Novice
    Installing BOTH SP1 updates seems to have done the trick. Thanks Bob.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.