sstrauss87 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Question Ribbons XML code to long for one text field

Hello,

Im working on a .adp and I have alot of menus that need to be converted from access 2000. The problem is that the XML code for all my menus will not fit into the text field for the ribbon that will be loaded on start-up. I'm hoping that there is a way to break up the code into multiple ribbons(i.e. multiple rows in my RibbonXML table) and have them all loaded on start-up. Keep in mind that I am not using UsysRibbons because I cannot have the ribbons locally, it is all stored on sql server. The ribbon is selected under "Access Options-->Current Database-->Ribbon and Toolbar Option". Thanks in advance for any resolve you may bring.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    I don't get it. the menus are working now, and you're saying that the XML text won't fit into the text field. WHAT exactly is stored in sql server? the XML scripts?? and WHAT are you converting exactly?

If so, what do the local text fields have to do with it? I don't believe the max size of text fields in access has changed since its initial release in 1992. Hence, the "text field size" is not an issue.

Not getting it...

by the way, haven't ADP's been deprecated since 2007?

This database has been being built since 1996, it is very large and is continuing to grow, at this point we don't feel the need to convert from .adp. The local text fields have nothing to do with it, the xml is stored in a table on the server in a text field with 8000 max characters. My code is going to be well over that as I am nearly at 4000 and I have only complete 1 of the 20 menus that need to be converted. In Access 2000 a developer could make his own menus that would run macros or open forms n such. I am converting all of them into XML for the new version of access. At this time access only allow you to choose one ribbon to be loaded at start-up, my goal is to find a way to load more than one.

Ended up loading XML from a file on our server, Ill keep track of this thread if anyone wants to know how I did it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.