Private Sub Summary()

Dim Rst As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim strQuery As String
    Dim Temp As Variant
    Dim N As Long
    dim fecha2 as Date
    fecha2 = Forms!Apertura!cmdFecha

Set Rst = New ADODB.Recordset
    strQuery = "SELECT [Itaca Cards].País, Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Real OK]/1000000), " & _
    "Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Presupuestado OK]/1000000)" & _
    "FROM [Itaca Cards] INNER JOIN TCpaises ON [Itaca Cards].País = TCpaises.[País Tipo de Cambio] " & _
    "WHERE ((([Itaca Cards].Descripción) = 'Orex fraude' And " & _
    "(([Itaca Cards].Fecha) >= #1/1/2011# And ([Itaca Cards].Fecha) <= " & fecha2 & ") " & _
    "And (([Itaca Cards].Negocio) = 'ecr' Or ([Itaca Cards].Negocio) = 'edb'))) GROUP BY [Itaca Cards].País;"

Rst.Open strQuery, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
    Temp = Rst.GetRows

With Me
    .ar1 = Temp(0, N)
    .ar2 = Temp(1, N)
    .ar3 = Temp(2, N)
    .ar4 = Temp(3, N)
    .ar5 = Temp(4, N)
    .ar6 = Temp(5, N)

.ar7 = Temp(6, N)
    End With
    Rst.Close
    Set Rst = Nothing

End Sub

I am getting an error '3021'. "Either BOF or EOF is true, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a record"

What is wrong here?

Thanks in advance

Toyman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthib4 View Post
    Hello All,

I need your help, i have the following code:

Private Sub Summary()

Dim Rst As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim strQuery As String
    Dim Temp As Variant
    Dim N As Long
    dim fecha2 as Date
    fecha2 = Forms!Apertura!cmdFecha

Set Rst = New ADODB.Recordset
    strQuery = "SELECT [Itaca Cards].País, Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Real OK]/1000000), " & _
    "Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Presupuestado OK]/1000000)" & _
    "FROM [Itaca Cards] INNER JOIN TCpaises ON [Itaca Cards].País = TCpaises.[País Tipo de Cambio] " & _
    "WHERE ((([Itaca Cards].Descripción) = 'Orex fraude' And " & _
    "(([Itaca Cards].Fecha) >= #1/1/2011# And ([Itaca Cards].Fecha) <= " & fecha2 & ") " & _
    "And (([Itaca Cards].Negocio) = 'ecr' Or ([Itaca Cards].Negocio) = 'edb'))) GROUP BY [Itaca Cards].País;"

Rst.Open strQuery, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
    Temp = Rst.GetRows

With Me
    .ar1 = Temp(0, N)
    .ar2 = Temp(1, N)
    .ar3 = Temp(2, N)
    .ar4 = Temp(3, N)
    .ar5 = Temp(4, N)
    .ar6 = Temp(5, N)
    .ar7 = Temp(6, N)
    End With
    Rst.Close
    Set Rst = Nothing

End Sub

I am getting an error '3021'. "Either BOF or EOF is true, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a record"

What is wrong here?

Thanks in advance
    ([Itaca Cards].Fecha) <= #" & fecha2 & "#)"

You need to put the "#" around the date value to defind it as a date value

ruthib4 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks a lot, i solved it, however i have antoher issue, as you can see in the SQL statement i am usin SUM to accumulate the values of 12 months for each of the fields but we i run the code it gives me only the first month values, it is not adding the rest of the months.

Is there any wrong with my code?

I built the same sql in a query in access and it gives me the correct values, here is it.

SELECT Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Real OK]/1000000) AS [Real OK TC], Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Presupuestado OK]/1000000) AS [Presup OK TC]
    FROM [Itaca Cards] INNER JOIN TCpaises ON [Itaca Cards].País = TCpaises.[País Tipo de Cambio]
    WHERE ((([Itaca Cards].Descripción)="orex fraude") AND (([Itaca Cards].Fecha)>=#1/1/2011# And ([Itaca Cards].Fecha)<=[Formularios]![Apertura]![cmdFecha]) AND (([Itaca Cards].Negocio)="ecr" Or ([Itaca Cards].Negocio)="edb"))
    GROUP BY [Itaca Cards].País;

Thanks again

Toyman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthib4 View Post
    Thanks a lot, i solved it, however i have antoher issue, as you can see in the SQL statement i am usin SUM to accumulate the values of 12 months for each of the fields but we i run the code it gives me only the first month values, it is not adding the rest of the months.

Is there any wrong with my code?

I built the same sql in a query in access and it gives me the correct values, here is it.

SELECT Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Real OK]/1000000) AS [Real OK TC], Sum(TCpaises![Cambio Medio]*[Itaca Cards]![Presupuestado OK]/1000000) AS [Presup OK TC]
    FROM [Itaca Cards] INNER JOIN TCpaises ON [Itaca Cards].País = TCpaises.[País Tipo de Cambio]
    WHERE ((([Itaca Cards].Descripción)="orex fraude") AND (([Itaca Cards].Fecha)>=#1/1/2011# And ([Itaca Cards].Fecha)<=[Formularios]![Apertura]![cmdFecha]) AND (([Itaca Cards].Negocio)="ecr" Or ([Itaca Cards].Negocio)="edb"))
    GROUP BY [Itaca Cards].País;

Thanks again
    Have you check to see whether the criteria you set does indeed return values for all months?

ruthib4 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Red face Working with dates formats in diff countries

I wrote an app in access VBA and runs perfectly here in Spain (date format dd/mm/yyy), went to Poland and try to run it there but gave problems with the date format yyyy/mm/dd, is there any way using vba to avoid this?.

Regards

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.