Kupot is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Available Progress Bar in Access 2003 Report?

So... I'll start off with the facts that I haved queried against MSDN's for Access 2003, forums (including this forum), and some co-workers I work with and have gotten nothing. I am also slightly green to Access programming too.. so, try to be annoyingly clear in your answers if you could...

Here's the scenario, I am trying to create a Progress Bar to visually represent a percentage from a table in access.

I tried out the Microsoft Progress Control 5.0 and 6.0 with no success.. With no events to change the Progress bar I couldnt see a way to make it work.

I moved to using two rectangular boxes, one with a border, one without. The one inside is the filler that would show the progress of the (transparent) box on the outside.. if that makes sense.. But this failed because the Rectangle.Width = ## is not an option. Only Rectangle.Form.Width = ## is an option.. but not the option im looking for...

So... after taking a breather I got back into it and tried filling a Text box with a certain symbol, such as ||||||||||||| or lllllllllllllllllllllll or ******* to show progress through the number of pipes, L's or *'s that were present in the text box after going through an algorithm of sorts... I did this successfully with three *** by using =[Percent]*(111) as the control source...
    Which is great! but... alas still has issues.
    0% = *
    25% = **
    50% = **
    75% = **
    100% = ***
    and if you increase the number of stars the text box will fill with 1 star for 0, maxStars -1 for anything > 0 or < 100, and maxStars for 100.

So here comes the question... Does anyone know how to make this Progress bar (or any other mock-progress bar) work on an Access 2003 Report?

Thank you very much in advance... maybe the flat spot on the side of my head will grow back once I stop bangin it on my cubicle wall...

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    I use the LaBox Font for my histograms.

Kupot is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Solution

Ty for responding so quickly...

Though, the information about the font was not used in the end I was able to realize after a night of sleep what I had done wrong.

Apparently if it's a property in the property list, even though Access will not "pop" with all of these properties, you can still use them... For instance, in my case:

With Rectangle
    .Width = 100
    .BackColor = 255
    End With

And the part that I was missing... was embarassingly a .value after the comparison case statements to actually get the percentage from the percentage box ><

Sry for the n00b problem.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    No apology needed! Solving your own problems is even better. Thanks for posting back with your success.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.