JackieEVSC is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Combo box to pull from active directory

We need to be able to have select users search active directory for specific student information ... namely displayName, employeeID and cn.

After selecting a student, we'd like for it to display a radio box with three security groups ... open, default, and restricted.

If possible, we'd like for the user to be able to change the security group a student is in (as a reward or disciplinary action).

Is this possible? If not, we can export from access and import to ad with a script.

I downloaded some code for a combo box that is supposed to do this, but I get an error when running it at the beginning of the code on Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset. I am not a programmer, but I understand enough to change code I find ... but I've never tried to pull info from ad before. I'm in over my head here. Can someone offer me some help or point me to a resource that could? Thanks

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but this is what I would do:

make a form - bind it to the table where the student info is kept (record source)
    make an unbound combo box which the user uses to select which student they want
    make a bound control to the data they can change (plus other data if required)

in the OnClick event for the combo box get the applicable record by setting the form filter, display the data and allow them to change it

Does this make sense?

JackieEVSC is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Yes, that makes sense, and I know how to do that with other databases, but I was needing to know how to link it to Active Directory and pull user information directly from AD.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.