xwnoob is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2000

Use 2 listboxes to select field from main form and subform to open form in edit mode

Hi,

I currently have a select form where users select a record based on BorrowerTitle, FacilityName,CommitmentID using a single listbox and then clicking a button to open the selected record in edit mode.

This has caused a problem as BorrowerTitle and TitleAgreement can have many facilityNames so what i want to do is first user will select BorrowerTitle and CommitmentID in the first listbox(My borrowertitle and CommitmentID have a relationship so its counted as a single record) and subsquently the facilities related to borrowertitle/CommitmentID will appear on the second listbox so that i can select them and edit them. Currently I am using a button to open records and this is my code:

Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "AddCommitmentDetail", , , "CommitmentID=" & Me.ListShowCommit.Column(0)
    I think i only need help in linking the two listboxes together as i know how to open the selected record using the code i mentioned above.

BorrowerTitle belongs to tblBorrower,CommitmentID belongs to tblCommit,FacilityName belongs to tblFacility

CommitmentID has one-to-many relationship with tblfacility

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I'm not sure I understand. Maybe it is this:

User makes selection from first list box

second list box gets requeried based on selection (Me!secondlistbox.Requery) - in the SQL for the second list box set the selection criteria equal to Forms!xxx!firstlistbox for the fields that you need.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.