wheelspin is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Hi and a newbie question :)

Hi all

Im a complete neewbie with access and wondered if anyone could help me out please.

What I want to do is aggregate a column of numbers based on another column and to be split by a specific number of cells or in my case distance.

To explain i have some road data based on chainage (length) with a reporting interval of 10m per row, I wish to select the entire length of the road and report the data from another column based on the averages of say each 500m length of the road.

Road length = 5km
    Each row = 10m

Report = 500m lots and aggregated quantities of each 500m of road information for each seperate column in the table.

Thanks in advance for any help as Im truely lost!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Uh, what? Show sample data and sample of desired output.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

wheelspin is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Sure thing

Excel sheet with the extra column with the average of a test lots NAASRA count (road roughness) based on chainage (distance) in this case 250m.

I would like to be able to generate the average column in access and output as a report if possible, there are normally 5 lots of this data side by side in Excel from 5 different test runs on the road. In Access a table for each run.

Cheers!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    So for every 250m in Sub Chainage column you want to average the NAASRA column? Doubt Chainage will sum to exactly 250. Do you want to not exceed 250 or include the record that takes the sum just over 250?

Not sure this can be done in a query, certainly VBA could accomplish. Whatever method, will need a unique identifier field.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.