DanMan is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Hiding duplicate entries from 2 fields (Grouped)

Hello there. I was hoping someone may be able to assist me with a problem I am struggling to nut out.

I have a database for vehicle pre start check list faults. I have a report set up to print out a sheet for each sub contractor regarding with faults listed for their machines. Sometimes there are duplicate entries with the Vehicle and Description fields. Eg. Fork Lift 11, Horn not working.

When processing this particular report I would like these duplicate entries to show the first record and then hide the duplicates. Is there any way of doing this and still keeping the other fields.

I figured out how to do it using a query and the unique values option in the Query Properties but I had to remove all fields except these 2. Therefore it not suitable.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If there are other fields needed and the data varies then the records are not duplicates. These records have a unique record ID? Do you want the record with the greater ID? You need to do a query that returns the Max ID for each unique Vehicle and Description pair. Then do a query that selects records where ID is in the first query. Review http://www.techonthenet.com/sql/exists.php
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.