zimonestones is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 64bit

Question form

Hi i very new to the access and i moving my sql database with questions to MS Access and i ve got a little problem. Doest anyone one know how can i check wich question was chosen in the form before going to another question , thanks for any help??

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This is not enough information to advise. Don't know data structure. Are you working through forms? Will probably require code. Attach project to post for analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

A S MANN is offline Advanced System Analyst
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I thank you want to create a form with a question and their options and correct answer(Hidden fro view).User should click at Option Radio Button in form.
    Option:The a text box may show correct answer and the marks optained.
    User Not allowed to modify option.
    The click at next will show next question in form.
    you need macro or VBA code to do the task as desired.

that's for so quick response. All i need to do is to display the questions from the table table structure is (id, question, answer1, answer2, answer3, answer4, correct_answer) as a form with question and for answers than user can choose one and somehow user should get informed if he answerd corredt or not. I already have a form with the NEXT button and everything works fine i can press the button and it displays next question, now i just need to know how to inform user if he answered correct or not. If it is a few lines of VBA please tell me what i wherre because i have never used VBA i am the php person , thanks very much (ther is no reason for me to attach the db file becouse all i need i think) is a few lines of VBA ,

June7 is online now VIP
    You can have an expression in an unbound textbox ControlSource property. No VBA or macro needed. User will get immediate feedback after making choice. Like:

=IIf([tbxResponse] = [tbxCorrect], "Correct", "Incorrect")
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi June7 , thank you for your post. Can you actually tell me how can i use it, Should i create something like radio buttons and the check somehow which of them was clicked? how do i display a message that the answer was correct or incorrect. The syntax you posted doesn't tell me anything because i ve never used access before and now i need this "simple " thing to be done . Thanks for your help

is there any way i can check what was clicked and compare it with other value? so for exapmle (if d was clicked and correct answer was d that display OK othervise display WRONG

June7 is online now VIP
    What is clicked? A checkbox, a button, a combobox dropdown? I did ask to see your project so I could better advise. Feel like am going in circles.

Ji June7 , thanks for interest, im attaching example database i want to do, "What clicked?" b- the best would be if i can click on the question and if the correct one was click changes color to green otherwise to red(something like this) but the radio button would do as well, what do you tink what would be best solution for that , thanks, Zimone

June7 is online now VIP
    Okay, explore this sample db. I don't use macros so the coding is VBA. User enters choice in a textbox. This is simplest structure. Radio buttons require Option Group setup and is a little more complicated.

EDIT: Purpose served, file removed.
    Last edited by June7; 11-27-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Hi that looks really good, this is what i needed , thanks very much for that, i will have a closer look and try to understand the code. Thanks for your quick help, cheers Zim

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.