BuzzBamm101 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

County Search Help!

Hello all,

Question?
    I created a table that stores all the counties that are serviced by a provider, for example, provider-A services Miami-Dade and Broward county but provider-B services Broward and Palm Beach county.

Refer to the table below for a better understanding:
    (attached)

Note: On the Access table the provider is listed by a primary key (27-0354806-FL043A) not the name.

Is there a way that I can search by individual columns where in a form I choose to pull up all the providers in both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties?

What I am planning on creating is a form that will have all the counties so the user will only have to select the counties needed.

Once the user selects the counties, a query will run then a report sorted by county and providers that service that county.

Thank you in advance

Jorge

dreday is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yeah, what you do is create a form with a check box or drop down for each county. As the user selects each area, have a VBA function assemble a WHERE STRING. So when you open up the report using docmd.OpenReport(ReportName, View, FilterName, WhereCondition, WindowMode, OpenArgs) you can insert your WHERE STRING in the slot for "WhereCondition".

BuzzBamm101 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dreday View Post
    Yeah, what you do is create a form with a check box or drop down for each county. As the user selects each area, have a VBA function assemble a WHERE STRING. So when you open up the report using docmd.OpenReport(ReportName, View, FilterName, WhereCondition, WindowMode, OpenArgs) you can insert your WHERE STRING in the slot for "WhereCondition".
    Thank you for helping but I don’t know too much about VBA, can you help me in creating the coding needed?

Thank you again!

Jorge

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.