Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    I don't quite know what this means. "changes the inventory record"? What record?
    I do have a combo box on my form where the user selects a BOL and it finds and changes the inventory record based on the BOL that is selected.
    If you have a CommandButton that opens the report, post the code here so we can see it, using the "#" code tags button. Start with Private and go to End Sub. What is the SQL for the RowSource of the ComboBox and which column is bound?

jbarrum is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    I don't quite know what this means. "changes the inventory record"? What record?
    If you have a CommandButton that opens the report, post the code here so we can see it, using the "#" code tags button. Start with Private and go to End Sub. What is the SQL for the RowSource of the ComboBox and which column is bound?
    Sorry, here is a breif discription of my table struction.
    [Orders] The PK is Order ID and is Auto Generated.
    [BOL] - There are only two fields in this table both PK's (Order_ID & BOL)
    [OrderDetails] - This table holds the details of the orders (i.e. each record has a BOL, PO, SIZE, PIECE COUNT, and DESTINATION) [OrderDetail] is the PK in this table

[Orders] links to [BOL] which links to [OrderDetails]

The final table is [Inventory]. The PK is Inventory ID but the table aslo contains BOL. [OrderDetails] links to [Iventory] by OrderDetail_ID.

My drop down is bound to OrderDetail_ID but also includes BOL, SIZE, and VESSEL. (4 columns)

My Main form holds the lookup for for drop down and then I have an inventory subform that is linked by way of a child/master relationship to the main form. When the user selects from the drop down the correct BOL,SIZE, VESSEL combination the subform record changes so they can enter inventory detail such as (date, truck # ticket #, piece count, weight, and port the pipe came from.)

I do not have a command button that opens my report. The users run the report right now and the report will prompt them to enter a BOL number. The report is tied to a query that I have built which contains a criteria on the BOL field that will prompt the user to enter a BOL number to report on.

The SQL for the Row source of my combo box is as follows:

SELECT QryInventory2.Order_Detail_ID, QryInventory2.BL_NUMBER, QryInventory2.SIZE, QryInventory2.VESSEL FROM QryInventory2;

Hope to put a command button on the form that has my combo box that will open my inventory report, but only display records for that Record that is selcted from the drop down at the time.

James

Go ahead and put a command button on your form that runs the report and let the wizard help you. When you're done then you can add a WhereCondition to the OpenReport command that will filter the RecordSet of the Report. Then just create a generic query for the report that returns all of the records. Post back if you are still having problems.

jbarrum is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Go ahead and put a command button on your form that runs the report and let the wizard help you. When you're done then you can add a WhereCondition to the OpenReport command that will filter the RecordSet of the Report. Then just create a generic query for the report that returns all of the records. Post back if you are still having problems.

Ok, I am with you with one exception. I am not clear on what the "whereconditoin" would need to be on the open report command. How do I tell it to open the report where BOL equals the corrent record?

What code do you have so far in the OpenReport button?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.