1crazypair is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Query

I am trying to make a query where I want to return results based on a yes being in the field as opposed to no. There are eight things that I need to have show up based on the yes and no in the field. It will work if I only have it check two fields. If I try and get it to pull a yes answer from all the fields I get no results at all. I am sure it is something where Access and I are not speaking the same language. Can anyone help me out?

Here are the fields
    MAIN PRODUCER
    INSURED
    REFERENCE #
    VIN

BRANDED TITLE
    GENERAL SALVAGE
    JUNK
    REBUILT
    DISMANTLED
    FLOOD
    FIRE

HAIL
    SALVAGE AUCTION

I WANT TO RETURN RESULTS ON ITEMS IN RED. WHEN I GET THE INFORMATION BACK FROM CARFAX THE ITEMS IN RED WILL HAVE VALUES OF YES AND NO. I WANT IT TO BE LISTED IF THERE IS A YES TO ANY OF THESE ITEMS. THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN THEY WILL HAVE A YES TO MORE THAN ONE ITEM.

IN CRITERIA I PUT IN YES ON ALL OF THOSE ITEMS THAT I WANT TO PULL FROM. I GET NO RESULTS. I WAS TRYING TO TROUBLE SHOOT AND STARTED PUTTING THEM IN ONE AT A TIME AND TRYING TO GET RESULTS. IT WORKS IF I HAVE YES IN BRANDED TITLE AND GENERAL SALVAGE IT WILL PULL INFORMATION. HOWEVER IF YOU PUT YES IN ANYMORE OF THE FIELDS IT RETURNED 0 RESULTS.

I AM NEW AT THIS I HOPE THIS IS WHAT YOU NEEDED TO HELP ME. TAKE PITY ON A HARD WORKING GIRL AND THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.
    Last edited by 1crazypair; 11-01-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: ADD INFORMATION

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Show us the query and related table(s).

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    <<If I try and get it to pull a yes answer from all the fields I get no results at all.>>
    If you put "yes" in each criteria on the same line, that is an AND operation and there would have to be a "yes" in every field to pull a record.
    You probably are wanting an OR operation, where if field1=yes OR field2=yes OR field3....
    To create an OR operation, you use multiple criteria lines on the query design form.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.