BorisGomel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Copy-Paste on Internet

Hello everybody.
    Just have a small problem and hope you will give me a heads up how to solve it .We have a large table in Access here on my job ( TransactionReport) which has been uploaded from Excel .We run this table thru many macros to print checks out for large banks. Before running the macros, I need to look for emty filed (courts) and if the filed is empty than go to launch Internet Explorer, go the usps.com website and copy –paste three filed off the table-Address, Street and ZipCode &City to the text box on the Usps website to locate the exact county and court and than fill the court filed. I have lately 50-60 records ans even more every day with empty filed courts and I have to copy-paste many fields off table to USPS website that is very time consuming. I copy -paste each filed off the form to usps website on the time. I am trying to figure out how to copy all threee fields( Address, Street and City) together into clipboard and paste them onto text fileds on usps website with one click on command button on the form . Forget to mention, the access to table is thru the form ( frmTrns) . Of cours, if it is vb possible to accomplish that.
    Or any other idea how can I eliminate some copy-paste off form to usps website –will be greatly appreciated.
    The Best Regards,
    BorisGomel.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    go the usps.com website and copy –paste three filed off the table-Address, Street and ZipCode &City to the text box on the Usps website to locate the exact county and court and than fill the court filed.
    What exactly are you doing? I tried this link and get the closest USPostal Station???

What exactly do you type (copy paste) and what do you want back?

What exact USPS screen are you working with?

Copy-paste internet

Look Up a ZIP Code™

You did not enter a valid company name.
    You did not enter a valid address.
    You did not enter a valid city.
    You did not enter a valid state.
    You did not enter a valid urbanization code.
    You did not enter a valid ZIP Code™.
    You did not enter a valid ZIP Code™.

Start with a company name and address to find its ZIP Code™. However, this tool can’t confirm whether the company is actually located at that address. * indicates that Company, Street Address, and either City/State or ZIP Code™ are required fields
    Enter only English in all fields

*Company

Get a list of all the cities in a ZIP Code™.

ZIP Code™

Look up ZIP Codes™ by street address, city, and state. Or, find all ZIP Codes™ within a city and state.
    You can also enter a street address and ZIP Code™ to get a standardized version of the address.
    * indicates either a city and state OR street address and ZIP Code™ combination are required
    Enter only English in all fields

*Street Address
    Apt / Suite / Other
    *City

*State Select AL - Alabama AK - Alaska AS - American Samoa AZ - Arizona AR - Arkansas CA - California CO - Colorado CT - Connecticut DE - Delaware DC - District of Columbia FM - Federated States of Micronesia FL - Florida GA - Georgia GU - Guam HI - Hawaii ID - Idaho IL - Illinois IN - Indiana IA - Iowa KS - Kansas KY - Kentucky LA - Louisiana ME - Maine MH - Marshall Islands MD - Maryland MA - Massachusetts MI - Michigan MN - Minnesota MS - Mississippi MO - Missouri MT - Montana NE - Nebraska NV - Nevada NH - New Hampshire NJ - New Jersey NM - New Mexico NY - New York NC - North Carolina ND - North Dakota MP - Northern Mariana Islands OH - Ohio OK - Oklahoma OR - Oregon PW - Palau PA - Pennsylvania PR - Puerto Rico RI - Rhode Island SC - South Carolina SD - South Dakota TN - Tennessee TX - Texas UT - Utah VT - Vermont VI - Virgin Islands VA - Virginia WA - Washington WV - West Virginia WI - Wisconsin WY - Wyoming AA - Armed Forces Americas AE - Armed Forces Africa AE - Armed Forces Canada AE - Armed Forces Europe AE - Armed Forces Middle East AP - Armed Forces Pacific . Select

Urbanization Code

*ZIP Code™

hERE WE go .it is the print sreen shoot from usps website.I am copy-paste in the following fileds with *: street Address and CITY -copying paste each filed induvidiaully from form and then seelct the state.I would like to copy-paste them at once and select only the state and find the county.The right url is https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupA...0&refresh=true .
    Thank you in advance .

The Best Reagrds,

BorisGomel

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    More than likely Boris, everything you're going to need to use can be found right here:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=176968

I was so surprised when I visited this recently. It almost 40K or so hits in just a few years. So obviously the thread can be easily googled.

(giving myself a pat on the back. Yay! )

Copy-paste internet

Thank you very much ajetrumpet!!!

Being trying to put all together to fit my work Access .
    There are a lot of information to wotk with.
    Thnak you again,
    The best Regards,
    BorisGomel

Copy-paste internet

Thank you veru much ajetrumpet!!!!!
    fINNALY i FUGUREd OUT , but here is just one problem and if I nail it it would help me a lot on my job .
    I use you tread as a guide and had placed a command buton on subform with the below code in one click even procudere:

Dim ie As Object
    Set ie = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")
    ie.Visible = True
    ie.navigate "https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupA...ut.action?mode"
    While ie.busy
    DoEvents
    Wend
    ie.Document.getElementById("tAddress").Value = Me.Text16.Value
    ie.Document.getElementById("tcity").Value = Me.Text18.Value
    ie.Document.getElementById("zip").Value = Me.Text22.Value

The probelm every time when the button is clicked , it launches the USPS website over and over again .I would like to have it is gotten to launch one time and keep it is opened and copy -paste the off the subform into usps site as many time I wish.
    Thank you in advance for helping me.
    The Best Regards,
    BorisGomel

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.