lucky is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Combobox selection updates Table record

New to access and I thought this would be simple to do, but I am finding a hard time searching the internet for some clues on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Combobox1 filters the selections in combobox2. This works already.

I need for combobox2 selection to update table1 tb_checkbox1 to 'yes'.
    This will remove it from the combobox2 list, that function works.

I also need the mf_text1 to be placed into tb_text1 of the record selected in combobox2.

When the mainform/subform record is deleted, I need the tb_text1 and tb_checkbox to be removed making that record available again.

Table1
    tb_Text1
    tb_CheckBox1 (yes/no)

MainForm
    mf_Text1

SubForm
    ComboBox1
    ComboBox2

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Don't understand your requirement.

Why do you need to copy mf_text1 to tb_text1?
    If record is deleted, how can it be available again?
    If you just put data into tb_text1, why would tb_text1 and tb_checkbox be 'removed'? What do you mean by 'removed' - not visible?

Do you want to provide project for analysis?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lucky is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Why do you need to copy mf_text1 to tb_text1?

I am trying to make a resource manager database. I have the mainform which holds information for record and a subform which handles the resource management.

mf_text1 is like the name of the record for mainform/subform. I use it to recall information for that record. I want to also use it to basically tag a row in table1 which is the resource. It lets me know which record is using this resource. I have another form setup to handle the resource management and it will pull data from table1.

If record is deleted, how can it be available again?

Deleting a record which is the mainform/subform record. I need it to release my resource which is in table1. basically changing tb_checkbox1 to 'No' and clearing tb_text1. I do not want to delete my resource row just change those things in the row.

I already setup the function of when tb_checkbox1 is set to 'yes' it removes it from the list in combobox2 so that no other record will be able to select it.

If you just put data into tb_text1, why would tb_text1 and tb_checkbox be 'removed'? What do you mean by 'removed' - not visible?

I need mf_text1 to be copied/linked/queried (not sure which is best) to tb_text1 to tag which record is using the resource selected in combobox2. When the user no longer needs the record I need it to release my resource which is in table1. basically changing tb_checkbox1 to 'No' and clearing tb_text1. I do not want to delete my resource row just change those things in the row.

Do you want to provide project for analysis?

I am trying to make a resource manager database. I have the mainform which holds information for record and a subform which handles the resource management. I have another Form which handles the editing of the resources. I plan to do a lot more other features, but I got stuck on this issue of having my combobox put a check in a checkbox.

I am a noob at access and programming. I am trying to learn though. I was wondering if I made sense with my post. I hope I do this time, thanks for reply.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I think you'll get more meaningful responses and advice if you describe what you want to do. Forget the combo boxes and forms and explain What resources you are dealing with and what the management of those resources entails. It's very hard for us to know your environment and needs, when you describe it in terms of text boxes.

There is a free data model for resource scheduling here
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...ling/index.htm
    that may be of some use.

Good luck with your project.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, still don't understand anything. Might help if I could look at your project directly.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.