app4that is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Lightbulb looking for someone either walk me through a database build or alternatively will pay

Hi all I am tied for time and need assistance in creating a simple enough database that captures phone numbers from an excel spreadsheet and links the phone numbers on that spreadsheet in a database to see if these phone numbers appear in another phone (for example under a different name), because i am tied for time on this i am willing to financially re-emburse someone as this would take a considerable amount of work off my already mounting to do file. As an extra it would be nice if it was friendly enough for people with very little computer experience to use it without having to stand over them for 2 days explaining every step.

Many thanks to all who will read and reply. I value all inputs.

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question

Quote Originally Posted by app4that View Post
    Hi all I am tied for time and need assistance in creating a simple enough database that captures phone numbers from an excel spreadsheet and links the phone numbers on that spreadsheet in a database to see if these phone numbers appear in another phone (for example under a different name), because i am tied for time on this i am willing to financially re-emburse someone as this would take a considerable amount of work off my already mounting to do file. As an extra it would be nice if it was friendly enough for people with very little computer experience to use it without having to stand over them for 2 days explaining every step.

Many thanks to all who will read and reply. I value all inputs.
    You have a huge spreadsheet and you want to see if the phone numbers in it relate to more than one name
    OR
    You want to (periodically) check for duplicate references,
    OR
    ?

app4that is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    the data i will be getting will be in a series of spreadsheets. ie different end users phones and i will need to compare these spreadsheets against one another to see if the same number comes up time and again.

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

I don't ha ve my Access PC at the moment, so the best I can offer is:

Step one.... import the spreadsheets into tables. For what you are doing, I think you could import all data into a single table which has two columns, name and phone number.
    Then you can can construct a query which sorts by name and another that sorts by phone number. The query sorted by name should give you the number of phone numbers that an individual uses. The query sorted by phone number would give you all the names using that number.
    Going into a report would simplify the presentation for either query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.