Tha-G is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Exclamation Save/close button + not showing previous saved records

Hi,

I have created a Tabular Form and I would like to have a function where a user needs to press a save and close button before the data is saved into the table.

-Also whenever the user opens the form again, it should not show the previous entered records.

Any chance that someone can help me? Please let me know if you need any further info to solve this.

Thanks!

Tha-G

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If your form is bound to a table there is no need to save records, Access does it automatically. If you want a close form button, then insert a command button and use the wizard to create a close form button. If you don't want previous records to appear when the form is opened, then in the design properties for the form, On the data tab change data entry to Yes.

Alan

Tha-G is offline Novice
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply, but I would like to have a Tabular form so that the user can review his new entered records.
    After he reviewed his records he needs to press a save button. (which will close the form and saves the data into the table). The next time when he opens the form, he should start again with an empty form.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Tha-G

Call the button whatever you want. When you put a command button on a form using the wizard to close the form, it will save the records and close the form. If you followed my steps in the previous thread it does exactly what you are asking for. Have you tried it?

Tha-G is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    Call the button whatever you want. When you put a command button on a form using the wizard to close the form, it will save the records and close the form. If you followed my steps in the previous thread it does exactly what you are asking for. Have you tried it?
    Hi Alan,

Thanks again, the button is now created but the only problem is now that the tabular form is not appearing.
    (When I do, data tab change data entry to Yes)

I would like to use the form as, see below,

So when I have entered my data in the form (as above), I press that close button.
    When I open the form again it should start again from zero (records)in the form.
    But all previous entered data should be saved in the table.
    Any idea?

So when I have entered my data in the form (as above), I press that close button.
    When I open the form again it should start again from zero (records)in the form.
    But all previous entered data should be saved in the table.
    Any idea?
    I don't understand what you want. You indicated that you wanted to have a blank input form after closing and re-opening. You get that by having it set to data entry. If that is not what you are looking for, then you will need to be clearer in your explanation and use examples of the expected outcomes. If you are looking to not show records in your table in your form, then you need to re-design your database. You will need to have an unbound form that is updated using VBA. If that is what you are looking for, then look at this video.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rdsnocode.html

Alan

Alan

Tha-G is offline Novice

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    I don't understand what you want. You indicated that you wanted to have a blank input form after closing and re-opening. You get that by having it set to data entry. If that is not what you are looking for, then you will need to be clearer in your explanation and use examples of the expected outcomes. If you are looking to not show records in your table in your form, then you need to re-design your database. You will need to have an unbound form that is updated using VBA. If that is what you are looking for, then look at this video.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rdsnocode.html

Alan

Alan
    Hi Alan,

Yes that's what I want but not in single record lay-out but in Tabular lay-out. (The data entry YES gives a single record lay-out.)
    Multiple users will be using the form at the same time and for that reason I don't want that any user can see the data from other users.
    But the user can only see his data which he has entered from the time that he opened the form.

Like this,

All his data is entered, as you can see above (the user is now able to review his entered data)
    When the user closes this form, the data is saved into the table.
    When the user wants to open the form again, it should start with no records in it.

I hope I explained it a bit better now.

Tha-G

Tha-G is offline Novice
    Does Anyone have an idea?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.