Deutz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Stop Continuous Form Scrolling up

Hi and thanks in advance.

I'm using Access 2003 and have a subform (continuous) that has a set number of rows and columns, so I don't want it to scroll at all. Textboxes in the subform are locked but users can double click them to update data via another form. The problem is that when you click on the subform textboxes and press any key, the subform scrolls up a little way, leaving a blank area visible at the bottom. You then have to use the mouse wheel to scroll the rows back down so they are all visible again. Subform properties: AllowAdditions = No, Cycle = Current Record, Recordset Type = Snapshot and Scroll bars = Neither, so I don't know what is causing this behaviour or how to stop it.

Thanks
    Deutz

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Can you make the subform container control larger?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I could except that I have a row of totals textboxes along the bottom of the subform container so the whole thing looks like a spreadsheet with no gaps.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Just test it and see if makes a difference. If it does, might consider rearranging stuff.

Could the subform be in Datasheet view? With Datasheet view can use Totals button from the menu that will set a totals row at the end of the records. Select the desired function under each column.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks June7,

I got around the problem by putting the totals textboxes in the subform footer and leaving no space between the detail textboxes and the footer textboxes.

Rgds
    Deutz

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.