gg80 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Display Linked table Path

One of my users would like the path to a linked table to be displayed at the top of a form. His reasons aren't the best, but---. I can display the mdb file path using [Application].[CurrentProject].[Path] but how do I do same for a specific linked object? I tried sticking the table name before path, but no go. Is it possible? Any help much appreciated. Using A2003 with XP

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    what do you mean? the path to the BACK END file?

if that's what you mean, saying "path to a linked table" is absolutely pointless, as they will all have the same path link. if that's NOT what you mean, this really doesn't make sense at all because there are no links to tables inside a single file.

if you are indeed looking to get the path to the BE file where the tables are located, this will do so (if you're behind a form):

Code:
    BEpath = dLookup("database", "msysobjects", "[name] = '" & me.recordsource & "'")

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Thanks for answering, but I don't know the term "Back End". What I have is a data base file wherein some Tables in the file are located in the shop server and linked rather than imported. The expression you gave me gives me the path to the main mdb file.

The path to a linked table is S:\ etc.\etc.\etc.\SomefileName.mdb.(the expression you see when you click Linked Table File Manager). Is there a way to display that path on a form? Agree, strange, but man wants it if possible to do.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I think my thank you didn't post. In Case it did, pls accept double thanks. My post above was in error. I typoed, then misinterpreted. Time to close lid and clear mind.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.