jakeman is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Creating Summary Page in Access Report

hey folks - I am building a report in Access that I have almost finished. The only part left that I am having trouble with is creating my Summary Page (for Totals).

A little background about my report.

There are 2 fields from a table that feed into the report:

1) CreateDate (each month is separated, no rolling mos)
    2) ContactResult

I have two grouping levels in the report, first by CreateDate and then by ContactResult.

I group the ContactResults together each day and Count the number of occurrences for each ContactResult on that day's page.

For the Summary Page, I want to show all the ContactResults for the month and count their number of occurrences for the month. However, when I put the ContactResult field in the Report Footer along with my Count[(Contact Result)] expression, all that is returned in one ContactResult, not all of them.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I will enclose a copy of the screenshot of the Report Details.

Thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Does the textbox with =[ContactResult] show an Error? If so, remove the = sign.

Is the RecordSource for the report an SQL statement or direct to a table? If SQL, show the statement.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Does the textbox with =[ContactResult] show an Error? If so, remove the = sign.

Is the RecordSource for the report an SQL statement or direct to a table? If SQL, show the statement.
    Hi June - I verified that the textbox does not have an error and their is no = sign.

Also, the RecordSource for the report is direct to the table.

There is no error msg reading anywhere on the report. Any other things I should check?

June7 is offline VIP
    I was referring to the textbox in the ContactResultHeader. Your image shows an = sign. When I tested placing an = sign in front of a fieldname it showed an Error in Form View, not Design view.

No, I cannot see anything else that would be an issue. Do you want to provide the project for analysis? Copy and remove confidential data, run Compact & Repair, zip if still large, attach to post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I was referring to the textbox in the ContactResultHeader. Your image shows an = sign. When I tested placing an = sign in front of a fieldname it showed an Error in Form View, not Design view.

No, I cannot see anything else that would be an issue. Do you want to provide the project for analysis? Copy and remove confidential data, run Compact & Repair, zip if still large, attach to post.
    June - here's a copy of my database without sensitive data attached. ID field is just an Autonumber field, it's not a personal ID number.

I appreciate you taking a look at this.

June7 is offline VIP
    I should have seen this from your posted image. Headers and Footers are for aggregate (summary) data, not details, of the report's RecordSource. A report Header/Footer would aggregate all the records. For the ContactResult name textbox, the footer just grabs value from the first record. If you want a count by ContactResult for the whole month, use a subreport in the report Footer.

The sample data was only 3 days. Looks like a full month will be quite a long report.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.