Ray67 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

Graph

I have a pivot chart in a form that is based on a query with 3 parameters. I would like to open this in reports. How can I do this?????

pdebaets is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Create a new report in design view, then drag and drop the chart form from the database window (or navigation pane) onto the report.

Windows XP Access 2003
    pdebaets

Thank you for your reply. I want my user to first enter 3 parameters and than the chart will open in reports. Can this be done????

You should see the prompts for the 3 parameters when you open the report with the chart that is based on the query that requires 3 the parameters. Is this working, or is it not? Do you want to enter the parameters in a different way? if so, how?

Windows XP Access 2003
    It's not working. Sorry i think i explain it wrong. The chart opens in queries not in a form. The user enters 3 parameters in a form and than queries opens as a pivot chart.

So, what part is not working? Can the user enter the parameters? Are they entered in the form? Does the query open if you open it by itself from the query tab of the database window? Does the chart open as a form? Does it open as a report?

Windows XP Access 2003
    When i open it in Reports parameter does open but with access own form (Enter parametere Vale FormsF_FinancialPerformancecharr.providername). So the form that i created does not open. Also if i do answer all three parameter than the data does come up in reports but as a list not a chart.

OK, it sounds like the report is looking for a parameter on a form. Try opening the form, then open the report. Does it work OK when you do this?

The form has to be open in order for the report to find the referenced control on the form. If the form is closed, then the report can't find the form field, and the parameter input box is displayed. That's what you are seeing.

Maybe you need to create a different form with a providername field and a command button to open your report. You'll need edit the query that underlies your report/chart to reference the providername control on the new form.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you very much for your help it's working. The Graph opens in report. I just have one more request. Both the report and queries open at the same time. I Would like for the queries not to open. Can this be done????

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.