bbrazeau is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Inventory template question

I downloaded the inventory template from MS and am trying to implement it into my existing database, but it is very difficult because of the complexity of the template. Could someone explain the meaning/workings of the where condition of "1=0" that is in the openform action attached to the cmdNewInventoryItem button on the inventory list form?

Also, I wish there were less complex templates that could realistically be used as a starting point for database construction. Does anyone if and where such things exist??

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I find that starting with a blank piece of paper and laying out what I want to be more valuable than trying to find a template that was designed for someone else's use. Here is a link to data base design. You might find that once you start to build your own, it is easier than you anticipated and it will be exactly what you want.

http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...es-208217.html

Trying to interpret what someone else was doing when you are starting out is very difficult. Try it on your own.

bbrazeau is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Inventory Template question

Alan, Thank you for your reply. It doesn't answer my question though. I have attached a sample database I'm working with (This is not the template I refered to in my 1st post). I want something simple and easily customizable that can handle orders/and inventory. The attached database can.. Add to inventory by means of a production run, and subtract from inventory by means of filling orders. My problem is to subtract from inventory the user must choose each line item in the order and subtract it from inventory. I'd like the user to just press the "Subtract from Inventory" button once and have it do the whole order. How can I loop through each item in the order and perform the macro actions I'm now performing on an individual basis? Anyone?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.