RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Form-Subform

I have a form with a combobox The form is unbound and the combo box allows the user to select a member. Since we have 20,000 members there are 3 text boxes and a command button that limit the choices in the combo box. For example the user types in Ro in first name textbox and SM in last name textbox and a date in DOB Textbox then clicks on the Search button. The combo box is populate only with members where first name starts with Ro last name starts with SM and DOB matches the date. Once the user selects the appropriate member there were 2 listboxes that populated with all authorizations and all claims for that member for the previous 12 months. A New field was added to the claims data which is a memo field. Since the listbox cannot display the entire field. I elected to create a subform with the recordsource being a query that gets the member id from the above combo box. Works fine for the first record but if the user tries to select a different member the subform errors.

In the Change Event of the combobox that is selected I have the code
    forms!frmClaims.Requery. I've also tried forms!frmClaims.Refresh and forms!frm_Data!frmClaims.Requery and Refresh. I can't do a link since the frm_Data is unbound. Any ideas how I can get this done. I'm out.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Never mind I figured out what I was doing wrong. Since it was a subform I needed to take out the forms!frmClaims and just use the name of the subform within the form.

Claims.Requery

Worked perfectly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.