Lata is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

update team against 2nd level products

I have a product hierarchy table. The product has 2 levels. At the first level, there is a TEAM assigned to it. The TEAM assigned at 1st level will handle its second level products as well. The display value for TEAM against second level data will be NULL. I want the same TEAM value that is handling first level data to be displayed even at the second level. I am attaching the sample data.
    Can somebody please help me write the query for this...I am trying since long time but landed no where

Thanks
    Lata.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I glanced at your data. What it really comes down to is whether the records in the second level have any value that is a unique cross reference to the first level record.

It seems like that P126.... value might work...with a little manipulation.

So make a query that results in the correct 2nd level records - call this qLevel2: and be sure with some text manipulation in a calculated field that you create a field/column that has just the core P126.... value identical to the first level value.

Make a query that results in the correct 1st level record - this will have 1 record. Save that as qLevel1.

Then make a new query, using these 2 queries as the sources - joined on the common field. You can add the Team value field to this query from qLevel1 and it will show for every record. Call this qLevel1+2. You can then use this query as the record source for a form/report.

Hope it helps.

Lata is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thankyou very much!

I have got it now..your suggestion was really hepful to me..actually I was thinking in a more complicated way and made it more complicated ...thanks for helping me to comeout in right approach...

Regards,
    Lata.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.