Azeez_Andaman is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Access Report

Hello sir,

What else report generator can be used in place of Access report. is there any other report format which support access and can be invoked from access.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe Crystal Reports. Why?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

i have created some reports in my database and buttons are provided to invoke report for viewing in "Dialog" mode. to print the report i have to use Ctrl+P or to go back and press the button provided for the purpose. in Dialog mode the features like zooming, printing etc. are not available. moreover, the appearance is also not so good. so i decided to switch to some another mode. if in your opinion it is good/better then how i can do the same. please advise.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I have never used dialog mode for a report so just tested it. See what you mean about the ribbon not being available. The right click quick menu is available and the click zoom does work.

You use the dialog because opening report in a VBA procedure and want to suspend code execution until the report is closed? How would using another software for reporting help you? I am not familiar with integrating another reporting program with Access.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Just a thought only. any how it is working and complicated reports are being extracted. only the thing is that for the user no buttons are available. any how ok and thanks. i will remain with access reports.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.