sseba15 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Lack of method in VBA code

Dear all,

Normally I use access as the interface between user and oracle database. For this i use forms, reports etc. Some time ago (I don't know exactly when) I found problem with the access. For example I have a controls which value can be edit, Befor I wrote nameOfControl. and after dot i had long list of method which could be use with this object and of course i found value method to assigne value to the control. Right now i do the same but after dot i have short list of methods and i cannot do even simply action like change caption of label. set value to control. It is funny because my colleague who use access can use this method which I tried on his PC and it works. This is the problem only on my PC. I reinstalled office but it doesn't help. I use office 2003.

Thank you in advance,
    Best regards,

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    In the VBA editor, go into Tools/Options and check the setting of "Auto List Members" on the Editor tab.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi,

I checked and this option is enabled.

But i am not sure that you understood me well. when i type
    nameOfControl. after dot I have list of method which could be use on this object but this list is too short for example

exampleLabel.Caption = "Text" in normall access method Caption for object label will work. If i will try to do the same on my PC i will get error message. Normall when i type exampleLabel. on my colleague PC i can see on the list method Caption on my PC i cannot see.

Thank you in advance,

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    That list comes directly from the references that are enabled for your machine. In the VB window of your colleague's window go to TOOLS>REFERENCES and see what he/she has checked off. If you check off the same references in your database you will have the same list he/she does.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    That list comes directly from the references that are enabled for your machine. In the VB window of your colleague's window go to TOOLS>REFERENCES and see what he/she has checked off. If you check off the same references in your database you will have the same list he/she does.
    furthermore, the OP's specific example about "label.CAPTION" is probably being caused by the reference Microsoft Access <version> not being checked. I have had that happen, but don't really know why it does.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hello,

Thank you for replies. I check and in reference i had MS Access version 11. I check and my colleague have the same libraries enabled as me.

It is very strange situation,

Thank you in advance,

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If you both have the same version of Access and both have the exact same references installed I don't know what to tell you. There are some references that conflict (the ones I've encountered have to do with ADO vs. DAO) but if the list is identical I'm out of ideas.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Anyway thank you for trying. I am appreciate that.

Best regards,

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.