azirion is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Warning msg --> The record has been changed by another user...

Hi

I'm using MS Access as a front end program, and I have a form based on a query which obtains the data from a MySql database on a server.

My problem is that I try to make a simple button which I wrote VBA code with a simple command like field.setfocus and field.text=whatever to insert some data into that field. At that point I dont have any problems. The warning message appears when I try to change into another subform, then the little window pops up and says: The record has been changed by another user since you started editing it...etc. ...and I am the only user

I would really appreciate some help on this one.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Usually that means you are trying do an edit on a record in another form before the edit on the same record in the first form is committed. You are both the current and the 'other' user. After changing the value, commit the edited record with DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks for replying

Every form has its own table, so I dont think that is the problem.

Further more, I did a test: Created a new Access 2007 file (accdb) linked only one table to the mysql server via ODBC and created only one form based on that table.

I added a button and wrote into it:
    field.setfocus
    field.text="whatever"
    me.refresh -->same with docmd.requery

Results: The same popup

So now Im really confused

June7 is offline VIP
    Sorry, this is beyond my experience. I've never used MySQL as a data source. Maybe someone else will have insight.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

No problem June, thanks for trying

Extra information on testing:

Something weird happens, if I go to a new record, the button works perfectly without any popups, the curious thing is that if I go back to the first record press the button again and it works fine!!!, but just once, if I try to press it again, the little $%# window appears and will still appear every time I press it until I create a new record. WHY?

Should it be something with my ODBC? ...I dont have a clue on what to do now

Please, someone?

June7 is offline VIP
    See cross post at http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...er-466640.html

Suggest this test. Copy the form/subform and test with Access tables as data source. If still an issue you can attach project for analysis.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.