focosi is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

How to undo acCmdPaste ???

I have a form with a button which executes the "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste" to paste data from clipboard into textfield. Now, I am trying to add an Undo button, but it seems that "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo" doesn't work. Neither the Undo button in quick access toolbar works.... What should I use ???

June7 is offline VIP
    Do this test. Execute the paste procedure then immediately hit the ESC key. Is the paste undone?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Yes, it works. Anyway I would prefer a clickable button for the unexperienced user. So, what is the VBA code for the ESC key ? Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Some programmers might sentence me to 40 lashes for suggesting but if it's the only thing that works:

SendKeys "{ESC}", True
    SendKeys "{ESC}", True

The first ESC should remove the last field entry, the second then cancels all edits in a record.

I have resorted to this about couple dozen times in my project because I gave up trying to get the UNDO to work.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

still doesn't work... Maybe because the field where the command is applied and has to be undone is unbound ??

June7 is offline VIP
    If it is unbound then there is no table field to be undone. Just set the control to Null.

When you say 'field' I think table related, say 'control' and I think form related.

Interesting that actually pressing ESC key clears the entry.

What happens to this pasted value? You have code to save it to a field? Why isn't it a bound control?

It's a custom zoombox (as attached), to which I'm trying to add "copy all", "paste all", and "undo paste" buttons. Undoing after pasting doesn't work.

June7 is offline VIP
    What is 'zoombox'? What purpose does this serve?

The posted project doesn't have the paste code.

A custom zoombox (as explained in the text on the open form in the attached mdb) is a custom replacement for the default Shift+F2 zoombox Microsoft Access has.
    The attached .mdb has no past button on the form : I'm trying to add that using the "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste" code on the OnClick event.
    What I'm not able to do is a button to undo pasting and return to previous value in the unbound textbox.
    Can you help me ?

June7 is offline VIP
    I still don't understand the purpose of the zoombox. It opens a form that has same info of the textbox on first form. Why?

Can't analyse code if you don't put it in project. Your narrative indicates the paste works, but not undo. I can't even test paste procedure because code is not provided.

A solution might be to save the current value of textbox in a variable. If you want to return to this value then set the field to the variable.

I would set the Click event property to [Event Procedure] then use VBA code to accomplish this process.

TinaCa is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    I tried to use the undo command recently, it wasn't working for me either. When the user enters data in a mod-form it is prefilled with data from the original form. But if the user changed their mind, and clicked cancel the system was entering a new record. So, I used a public sub, if they click the cancel button on the mod-form it calls the public sub that either closes the mod-form and or close it and does an undo so none of the data is saved .

Here is the public sub cod

If NotSaved = 3 (i.e. they did not click the cancel button) THEN
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmNameHere"
    Else
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmNameHere"
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo
    End If

For some reason if you do the Else part in reverse it doesn't work. Like you had to get focus to the form first than do the undo. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I still don't understand the purpose of the zoombox. It opens a form that has same info of the textbox on first form. Why?

Can't analyse code if you don't put it in project. Your narrative indicates the paste works, but not undo. I can't even test paste procedure because code is not provided.

A solution might be to save the current value of textbox in a variable. If you want to return to this value then set the field to the variable.

I would set the Click event property to [Event Procedure] then use VBA code to accomplish this process.
    Dear June7, sorry for the delay. Attached is the modified form as I would like it to appear. As you can see "Paste" button works, while "Undo paste" doesn't. How can I fix it ? Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't fully understand how the paste action work. When I step debug I see the Teams form box populated with text other than what I typed in the zoombox when I click the Paste button but then when I close the zoom box my typed text is replaced into the Teams form box.

Somehow in debugging caused the Paste and Undo events to become unavailable. Had to close/reopen the project.

Don't think I will be much more help. I don't understand need for the 'zoombox'. Seems like unnecessary aggravation. One of the most bizarre and frustrating issues ever ran into.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.