RickScolaro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

transferring data from word to access

Is there a way to transmit data from an MSWord Form to an Access table?

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    yes there is.

Moving data from Word to Access

Okay. Are you willing to help me? What sort of information do you need to move forward?

the reason I said 'yes' is because both programs are object oriented, in terms of their coding structure. Thus, you can share information between them in any scenario, regardless of what it is.

I've never done this, and I won't do it for you, but if you post the right info I might try to experiment with it if I have time. I would assume that the following info would probably be relevant:

*why are you doing it?
    *what have you tried?
    *are you trying to throw data from one form field to access's table fields?
    *there MAY be another way to do it without creating objects from scratch in word's vba.
    *there may be an alternative to what you're doing (e.g. - changing the way ya do things)

Ya know what? Forget it. I will find someone who is not a conceited condescending butthead. I don't need to explain myself to you, I have a need and that is all you need to know. I can work with the data myself, I am not new to MS Office or Access, I just thought someone in this forum could point me in the right direction. Go soak your head.

Well Rick,

I wasn't going to respond to you, but I changed my mind just so my post can stay here and people can continue to learn that life isn't free. It's not that I'm a conceited 'anything'. It's that it's a knowledge-based economy now and what you're asking for borders on what should be given for free and what should be paid for. Furthermore, as you probably know, because of this knowledge-based security we've got now, you can probably find someone out there in the world that you can con into getting knowledge from so you never have to pay for anything. I sure hope you're not doing that, but if you are I surely pity you for it. There's certainly no future in that crap.

So I don't feel sorry for you at all. Hate me all you want buddy boy. Good luck to ya!

If you are fee-for-service provider, then state that in your posts. Don 't give 3 word answers that say nothing, or snide remarks about how you may do someone a favor or not. State your pricing, put it out there, you may get some business out of it. I don't have a problem with people making a buck, I am an independent businessman. I wasn't trying to get over on anyone, I simply asked a question in a forum. But as far as I am concerned, you're not worth any price.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.