Excel/Access

Hi gang. I have a sort of quick question. I haven't worked with Access much but need to know what it can do.

I have an excel SS that tracks payroll, sales, revenue, units etc.

I currently have to go to each employees worksheet, input data which populates back to the payroll and sales tracking worksheets. It is a major headache when a new employee arrives, new worksheet, new links to eack sheet...and they all have to be changed every pay period.

I'm told that I either have to learn pivot tables in Excel, or switch to a database. I want to use Access in someway to combine the Excel data with an Access database. I want to keep the employees listed in Access (adding and subtracting is much easier) but still have the data link to Excel. I need to go to each employee each pay period and put in pay, closed volume, units and several other items and have them populate pages in Excel because there are numerous calculations to be done with over rides, different pay splits etc.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and maybe provide a link where I might find some tutorials?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pat
    Last edited by vipslat@aol.com; 03-18-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added something

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.