cphelps48 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003

Contents of Memo field chopped off

I have a database with a number of memo fields on a report. Depending on the text in these fields sometimes the text on the right-hand side of the memo fields will get chopped off. Refer to attached PNG file for an example.

We have tried altering the size of the memo field with no resolution to the problem.

We have looked at the property of the memo field on the report and modified setting for 'Can Grow', 'Can Shrink', margin settings, text size and alignment. None of these modifications resolved the issue either.

I have also tried deleting the field from the form and re-adding. Same result (or lack thereof).

I was wondering if anybody has experience with a problem such as this or if anybody has a suggestion to fix it.

apr pillai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Contents of Memo field chopped off

You said some times, it looks like those field contents possibily copy pasted from some other application. Try to copy the contents of one of those fields and keep it in notepad or something. Delete the contents from the field and manualy retype it from note pad. Watch this field on the Report and check whether this record is showing the memo field contents correctly on it or not.

cphelps48 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Sorry I should have mentioned that I had already tried that.

When I say some times I suspect it simply has to do with the spacing of words and where they sit in relation to the right-hand side of the field on the report.

I had a thought that it could be related to the font used. I am going to try to dedicate some time to that before the end of the week.

If you have any other thoughts please share them with me.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can you post a screenshot of the report in design view so that area shows (be sure to include areas around it as well)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.