hawkins is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Query reference to a subform

I have a main form called Main, and then a subform with a control of ctrYearlySubForm. In the subform I have a combo box, Yearcmb, in which you can choose a year dependent on the name in the main form. I have created a query that I want to use the year from the combo box to be criteria to select data. I have tried using [Forms]![Main].[ctrYearlySubForm].[Form].[Yearcmb] in the criteria portion but that doesnt work. I am having troubles figuring out why that isnt working and even if you can do what im trying to do. Any suggestion will be grealty appreciated!

Also, on a side question, on the report I have I have query that selects information but when the informaiton is not available the subreport from the query does not show up. I would like it to show that always because it has a tag describing the information, for example location. I was wondering how I could show that all the time. I was going to just take the tag outside the subreport but some of the information when it isnt filled shifts the formatting which I do not want.

Another question I have is when I used an update query to import data, the numbers instead of 15.45 imported at 15. I was wondering why they rounded the numbers?

ketbdnetbp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

hawkins -

I would try..

[Forms]![Main]![ctrYearlySubForm].[Form]![Yearcmb]

instead of

[Forms]![Main].[ctrYearlySubForm].[Form].[Yearcmb]

See if that produces the desired results.

All the best,

Jim

hawkins is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    hmm, that didnt work either for some reason. thanks for the suggestion though. Ive attached a file of my database because it might be easier this way. This is my "test" database. The Month-Year Query is the query that I am using for the subform called Month-Year Query subform and the year is by the Yearly Data Entry tag.

ketbdnetbp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

hawkins -

I don't have A2007 on my laptop, just A2003. I'll have to take a look at your db when I get home tonight.

Jim

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.