First Issue:
I have conditions set up in my database to lock or unlock fields or subforms based on the selection in the field that comes before it.

I’m having difficulty locking a subform that comes after a conditional subform. I don’t quite know how to write or where to place the script. I’ve tried event procedures in the preceeding subform’s form and specific field properties. Neither appears to be working.

For Example, I have subform “Excluded Ethnicity Groups” that is followed by subform “Other Excluded Ethnicity Groups”. From the “Excluded Ethnicity Groups” subform, the user can select several groups and an option for “Other”.
If “Other” is not selected, then the second subform is locked. If “Other” is selected, then the second Subform is unlocked.

Second Issue:
I’m having difficulty getting the cursor to enter the subform in the correct field. Currently, the cursor enters the subform based the last field that was used on the previous record (placing the focus on the field that comes after it). This is despite trying event procedures to set the focus on the correct field.

I’m using Access 2007, and have attached a sample database in 2007 and 2002/2003.