brandonze is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

QBF Questions

Hello,

I am new to using QBF's. I always went in the query and entered the Criteria. However, I am leaving the database I created to people that are pretty much DB dumb. So I am creating a QBF for them to generate the required query to generate the correct report.

The problem is multifaceted.

First off, I have an employee that is attending the conferance. He is also allowed two family members that we will pay travel to attend. So I have to initial criteria of event date and event location to give me all the emploees that are attending an event.

Im good up to there. The Finace office requires that the family members be put on different types of travel vouchers depending on age. For example, family member (FM) 1 is over 18 goes on one type, if FM1 has a child (FM2) under 18 it is another type, and if FM1 and FM2 are under 18 yet a third type.

The easy way to do this is to run three seperate QBF's to generate the three queries needed.

Is there anyway to do this off of one qbf?

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    VBA code. Probably many ways to do this. Here is one idea, outlined.

Open recordset to get all family members filtered to specific employee ID.

Search the recordset for records that meet report criteria. Do this in a loop for 3 iterations (3 types of reports).

Generate appropriate report if criteria met.

Or instead of reading a recordset, use DLookup to search for record in table. Still need 3 iterations in a loop or 3 DLookups in sequence.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    How is your data stored? is the primary person and all the people going with him stored on the same table? Or have you got subsidiary tables for each primary person attending a conference? Are you storing the age of the person with the employee attending the conference? Are you just trying to evaluate which type of voucher is needed for a particular person to travel?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.