Hi,
I use a form-filling software (VBA Developed) which has many fields like "Sl. No", "Title",etc., The data i enter in this form updates a Microsoft Access 97 Db file which is created in its installation folder. After completing successfully all the forms, i take a Back-up of only the Access DB 97 file. Later I came to know that the program also creates an ".exe" version of the Access file's MDE type.
E.g: If the database created on installation is DB1, which is a Access 97 Db file, another file called "DB1.exe" is created, which is of the same size of the DB file.

like this, i took back-ups of about 10 DB files.

If i replace only the DB file in the installation folder, The VBA shows only the last saved records but not the new ones i replaced with.

But if i replace the ".exe" file, which i created thru saving the DB file as MDE format and saving it as "DB1.exe", the VBA shows the new records.

But i cannot edit the values in VBA if i replace the original ".exe" with another.

Please help. The VBA creates two different codes which is triggered while adding and saving a new record.

What should i do to edit any saved DB files in VBA?

Thanks again in advance.