roger556 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Search Form

Hello,
    I have created a database tracking invoices.I have created 2 tables one showing vendors information like vendors name,invoicedate,amount.The second table has fields that show amount paid,glcredits,costnumber,descritption.
    I would like to create a search form that would show details of all innvoices submitted by a particular vendor.
    Also is it possible for me to show this details in a report form for presentation.
    I am a newbie in access so really stuck as to how create this form and show it in a report.

Any help or advice is welcomed thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Roger

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This tutorial shows one way to use a search form http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...earchform.html

Yes, you can build a report to show this data. The report RecordSource would be a query that joins the tables. This is basic Access functionality. Access Help has guildance on building reports.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I did follow the link that you send to me now this example is pulling just one record.I need to do is to create a form that will pull all the records for the vendor till date and give me a total amount etcetc.
    I have created a query based on both the tables but I am not able to create a search form that is where I am stuck and gone lost been trying it since yesterday with no success.Also have no idea how he create those clear parameter and run query buttons.If you could elaborate on it that would really clear things up.
    Please if you can guide me in to right direction that will be very helpful.

Thanks
    Roger

June7 is offline VIP
    Don't think I could explain it better than the video. It is quite explicit. The search should return all records that meet the entered criteria (as demonstrated in the video). If the criteria is restrictive enough that could be one record. Did you actually build the form and test?

The report RecordSource would be the query referencing the search form criteria. Don't do totals in query, build that in the report with its Grouping & Sorting with calcs feature.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    doing it right now as we speak please can you tell me how I should build those clear parameters button I did not find in combo box etc.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Not understanding your confusion. What does combobox have to do with the button code? Form in design view, drag two buttons from the controls designer. Select button and right click to get the shortcut menu shown in the video or from the Properties window select Click event from the Event tab. DoubleClick the ellipses (...) and this will take you to the VBA code editor and into the created Click event procedure. Write code.

Actually, in your case, instead of code to run query, code to OpenReport. So label that button like Open Report.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.